Dr. John Dervan
Dr. John Dervan
Dr. Dervan is a co-founder of HALI and is board-certified in interventional cardiology as well as in internal medicine and cardiovascular disease. He has been recognized as one of the best cardiologists several years in a row by Newsday, New York Magazine and Castle Connolly’s Guide to America’s Top Doctors. Dr. Dervan graduated cum laude from Boston College and received his medical degree from St. Louis University’s School of Medicine, in St. Louis, MO. He completed his internship and residency at Faulkner Hospital in Boston, where he also served as the Chief Medical Resident and completed both his clinical and research fellowships in cardiology at Harvard’s Beth Israel Hospital in Boston. Before entering private practice, Dr. Dervan served in both staff and management positions in several Long Island-based hospitals, and was the Director of the Catheterization Lab at Stony Brook University Hospital. Dr. Dervan also currently serves as Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Stony Brook University School of Medicine, a position he has held since 1998.
- Board-certified in interventional cardiology, internal medicine and cardiovascular disease.
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease
- Diplomate, Interventional Cardiology
Voted/named “Best Cardiologist” several years in a row:
– Castle Connolly's Guide “America’s Top Doctors — NY Metro area” (1996 through 2011)
– New York Magazine’s annual “Best Doctors” issue (2000)
– Newsday’s “Top Doctors” (2010, 2011)
Stony Brook University Hospital Board member
– Medical Board Executive Committee 1997-1998
– Member at Large 2009, 2010
- Teacher of the Year 2006, Stony Brook University School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine